Sunday, March 1, 2009

Turkey Balls

I've been trying lots of new recipes lately. The Hulk is eating more and more regular food, very little baby food so I'm trying to cook for both of us the way I expect him to eat. Which means I'm trying new recipes to come up with a balance of healthy and tasty meals! I don't dislike veggies I just have a hard time with some of them. They have to be seasoned well for me to enjoy. So I'm experimenting and we are making progress. One of our new favorite things a little creation I came up with called Turkey Balls. The Hulk loves them and so do I. Here is my recipe if that's what we want to call it....

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 diced green bell pepper
1 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 t. ground sage
3 T. Worcheister Sauce
2 T. diced onion
2 T. garlic
1 can tomato sauce
ketchup

Mix all the ingredients and half the can of tomato sauce up. I just used my hands to squish it all together. Form into balls and place the balls in a casserole dish. Pour the remaining half can of tomato sauce over the balls and also cover with ketchup. Cook for 35-40 minutes in 350 degree oven.

I serve the turkey balls with lima beans and mashed sweet potatos. It really is a healthy little meal. Lots of protein, fiber, vitamin c, good stuff! And the most important part is that it tastes Yummy!!!

Clickin Mama

No comments: