Thursday, June 10, 2010

Food For Thought

I've been thinking a lot about food lately. About where it comes from, who is growing it, why I'm eating it, what it means to me. I've been thinking about what is on it, how expensive it is, and what I want food to do for me and my boy. I've been reading a lot of books about food. I've been watching documentaries about food. I'm really trying to learn about our food.

And while I'm learning I'm making changes. Since last Friday we have had no meat and no dairy for me. Hulk still gets limited milk but no other dairy. The first few days I felt pretty yucky but now I'm feeling wonderful! We are eating lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, etc. Stuff Hulk is already pretty used to. I've been considering this for several months but couldn't quite make up my mind. So I decided it was time to just jump in and see if we could do it. It's been pretty easy and I'm excited to see where this journey takes us.

Now I have lots of learning to do regarding vegitarian recipes, etc. Any suggestions????

No comments: