Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May Day

Things are still a bit sad around here. Baby Max is hanging in there but there has been no improvement in his health. I continue to pray for his mom and dad and my sister and their families. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling.

Being a mom is one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I can't imagine not having my wild man around. One of my favorite parts of parenting is getting to be a kid again myself and relive so many fun memories from my own childhood. So I thought I'd share some of our May Day pics tonight. Only 25 days after the fact!


When I was a kid my mom and I would make May Day baskets to take to Grandma and Grandpa Marks our next door neighbors. They weren't really my grandparents but that's what I called them. We would fill our basket with flowers, little candies, etc. Of course we would ring the bell, run and hide and watch from afar as they were surprised. I loved it!


So this year Hulk and I put together a little May Day bag for our neighbors. We filled it with some honeysuckle from the back yard, candy, and some cool magnets we had made.




Hulk was so excited he could hardly stand it. We ran across the street, knocked on the door, and ran back home. He wasn't to thrilled about the running back home part. He really wanted to go inside and watch them open it. But he thought the bag was pretty awesome.





Posted by Picasa

I can't wait till next year to do it again!

No comments: