Monday, May 16, 2011

Yard Therapy

Something has come over me lately. It's an obsession really. My yard. I've lived in this house for 4 years. The first spring/summer I was here after my mom died all I did was lay in the pool. I paid a guy to mow the yard and then did nothing else. And then the past three spring/summers Hulk was so little it was to much of a hassle to do much with the yard. I planted a few flowers but that was about it.

But this year Hulk is big enough to entertain himself in the yard while I work or he can help me. While everything else in my life seems to be falling apart the yard is what holds me together. I feel like it is the one place I have control. I cut down tree branches and bushes. I pile them and then set them ablaze. I move rocks and build flower beds and feel like I'm laying claim to the land. I pull weeds and plant grass and obsessively water and care for it. I yell at Hulk to get out of the grass and baby it along urging it to grow.

Tonight after the yard was nicely mowed and watered I was pushing Hulk on the swings. He was laughing and the sun was starting to set. I could hear the birds and feel the breeze. And as I looked across the yard at my flowers and bright green well fertilized back yard I felt blessed. It was the first feeling of peace I've had in weeks.

Maybe the yard therapy will pay off after all....

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You can come do my yard work, if it's therapy for you! Glad you find it relaxing.

scrappingma20 said...

When Tim was in Mi and the kids and I were still in Yuma. I would mow the acre with the riding mower. The neighbor also told me I should make Paul mow, but you know that was my therapy then. Good luck in working thur this in the yard.

paschervente2012 said...

Sac A Main Pas cher 2012 femmes or hommes..
Tee shirts chanel femmes Pas Cher
jeans true religion femmes soldes 2012
sac a main pas cher votre meilleur chooice 2012 femmes or hommes...
Tee shirts louis vuitton femmes vente tee shirts louis vuitton 2012
Chaussures Femmes pas cher
Lunettes de soleil ray ban 2012
Tee shirts louis vuitton hommes pas cher
Lunettes de soleil armani pas cher !
boucle chanel Boucles d'oreilles Chanel,chanel Bijoux
Acheter maquillage pas cher maquillage mac
chaussures louis vuitton femmes pas cher 2012
Louis Vuitton Mens Handbag
billige Christian Louboutin Tall Boots
Louis Vuitton Loafers Shoes Women
Christian Louboutin Sandaler
billige Christian Louboutin Tall Boots
Replica Louis Vuitton Damier Handbag
louboutin sko billige