Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Promise

I don't even know where to start. We went to Max's funeral today and it just breaks my heart. No parents should ever have to bury their child! It's not fair. I hate that Kelci and Kevin have ever experienced such sorrow!

But the minister today said something that stuck with me. He said that never again will Kelci and Kevin be just Kelci and Kevin. They will forever be Maxton's parents. While they will not parent him here he will be waiting for them in heaven. And that reminded me that the only reason this sorrow is so deep is because Maxton was loved so very much. He will forever be their child and will forever be loved and remembered. And God promises to reunite them someday. While I don't want this to be happening I don't know how people ever get through something like this without the promise of heaven and eternity together.

I will never understand this but I will forever understand a parent's love. It never ends. Parents love forever! On this earth or the next. Forever! And I have to believe that love is what will keep Maxton's memory alive until his parents can see him again.

No comments: