Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Winds Of Change

Do you hear that? That wonderful sound? It's the winds of change my friends. Yes things are changing around here. Well things are changing for Wagoner Photography. I've decided to really step it up a notch as far as my business goes. Now that some of the stress in my life is calming down I am really wanting to grow my business and improve my photography at the same time. So I'm taking some fun and exciting steps to do so.

First I'm really focusing on branding. I needed a look or design to attach to all my marketing materials, watermarks, and packaging. And luckily I knew a gal that could do it. My pal April helped me design what I think is a great design for me. You will see it often as my new watermark rather than the boring print of the past.

See it right here on my beautiful sister. I took these pictures of her last weekend and love them almost as much as I love her!





The next step is really advertising or marketing my business. I've never really done much of this other than word of mouth and facebook. But I'm now working with a couple doctor's offices on providing my information to pregnant patients about maternity and newborn photography. And I'm also working with a couple local businesses on drawings and promotions featuring my work. So I think that is a good thing. I'm excited to see what it does to drum up business.

And the most important step for me is I have decided to start studying and preparing for the certified professional photographer's exam. This is a great opportunity for me to increase my knowledge about photography and improve my skills. Right now there are only about 2000 certified professional photographer's in the country. My hope is that by this time next year I can be included in that group. It will take a lot of studying and I also have to submit 20 images to be judged but I think I can do it.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I started a blog just for my business. It can be found by clicking here.

No comments: