Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Hulk Day

Today was Hulk's day. I promised him this morning when he woke up it would be all about him today. I scheduled no photo sessions for the day and made no other plans so we could just be together uninterupted. Other than a quick trip to Wal-Mart the rest of the day was spent on fun. No chores, no cleaning, no calls, nothing but he and I!

We so needed a day like today. I feel like every weekend lately I have either had to work or we have been running around seeing people or doing things. We haven't had just an uninterupted day in a long time. So what do you do on Hulk day you ask?

Well you go to the zoo in the morning! We even fed the ducks! You eat a picnic lunch at the park and spill lemonade all over the place and it doesn't even matter. You eat grapes and peanut butter sandwiches. You even get to have a chocolate chip cookie for dessert on Hulk day!

Of course after all that you need a little nap before you head to the pool. You swim and swim and then realize there are water slides. Which means that you need your mom to carry you up all the stairs and slide down with you. Yes indeed I hauled an almost 40 pound child up three flights of stairs 17 times so we could go down the slides. That's all he wanted to do. He loved it. I love the slides also but man my legs hurt!!! I was worn out.

He was so worn out after all that. He barely ate dinner and we snuggled up to watch Toy Story together and he fell asleep. I just put him in bed and it is 7:15. It really was a wonderful day and I'm guessing we will both sleep well tonight. Now that he is crashed I better get all the stuff done around here that I ignored all day!

1 comment:

Janis said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!! Sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget how much days like that can impact our kids. It's days like those I remember the most! Glad you had a great day!