Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Behind The Times

Oh I'm so behind on blogging and well life. But the good news is because I've been really busy! Lots of photo sessions, yard work, and chasing the kidlet. The weather has cooled off which means we have been out in the yard a ton lately. We have been transplanting flowers, moving rocks, planting grass and catching snails. The kidlet loves snails!

We have a catch and release program going. He can catch any critter he wants and put it in the bug box. But in the morning before heading out for the day he has to release them all. Most of the time this works out okay. However, the past couple days the snails have all been dead. I don't know what the deal is with that. But tonight he caught things and then before bed we let them go. Trial and error in the catch and release program.

We have been struggling lots lately with listening to the mama. Hulk is super head strong. Part of this I love because it means he is a leader, outgoing, social, and a great advocate for himself. I like knowing that he doesn't always walk in a straight line and follow the crowd. I'm good with that. However, there is a certain amount of compliance that I expect from him. Lately he has really be struggling with that. Which means I'm struggling. Which means lots of time outs and lost video time and fits and you know how all that goes. But I'm sure it will pass soon. It always does.

Tonight I put him to bed and heard him singing a little song I'm sure you all are familiar with. He just added a special verse just for me. Enjoy!

Old McDonald had a farm
EIEIO
And on that farm he had a mama
EIEIO
With a no no here
and a no no there
here a no there a no
everywhere a no no
EIEIO

God I love him. I swear one day I'm going to miss this!!!

No comments: