Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Gift... For Me???

Hulk did have a fabulous Christmas and scored big in the present department. But mama didn't do so bad either. My parents got me a gift certificate for a massage, and some awesome stationary. They also got me a web cam that I really wanted so we can now Skype with them. So much fun! Monte and Kathy got me a gift card to use anyway I want and Heather got me a gift card to one of my favorite clothing stores. Hulk got me a cool new shirt and a necklace. Yes I was thrilled with all of it!

This year I decided I was also going to get myself a gift. So I gifted myself a gym membership. According to the scales at the doctor's office since Hulk was born almost three years ago I have lost 72 pounds now. I knew I was losing some here and there but until he told me the amount I didn't realize how much it was. While I still need to lose about 50 more pounds I also need to do some serious toning. I'm not kidding when I tell you that when I wave to people I about knock myself out. My flabby arms look like chicken wings. I have to do some toning. So off to the gym I go. We will see if I can get the arm flab under control soon.

That would be a great gift!

2 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

That is so awesome! 72 whopping pounds! THAT IS AN AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT! Your gym membership will probably offer you some much needed stress relief too! I love mine. .. when I can get there between life and sick kids. Hopefully now after the holidays my schedule will be less busy (although the gym will probably be packed!)

rabidbutterfly said...

I've only been reading your blog for a few months now, but I'm quite hooked :) I like "real" people.
After a medication mistake (dangerous and totally my fault) I was quite ill during my visit with my sister a 10 hour drive away...kind of dissappointing...BUT when we got home and to my regular dr (I was too ill to stand on the scale at the out-of-town ER) I found out I had lost over 50 lbs in the last 18 months.
Maybe we can keep in touch and keep each other posted on how it's going...just a thought?
Although, if you look at my blog right now...there's a bit of me feeling really negative on it...just a warning...