Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ordinary Beauty

Sometimes life gets really complicated. I think we all know that. The bills get bigger, our babies get sick, work is tough or non existant, maybe our relationships are a mess. Life is just a complicated sticky mess sometimes. And when that happens I know for myself I often feel overwhelmed and unsure of everything. I doubt even the most basic things. And I crave consistency. Oh how I love consistency and predictability when times are tough.

 


And I find it in the oddest places. Places like laundromats. Laundromats! Are you kidding me? I know you think I'm crazy but hold on and stick with me for this ride. I'll explain it I swear!

 


Places like laundromats never seem to change. I took a bunch of girls to a laundromat last weekend for a trash the dress photo shoot. And when I walked in the doors my blood pressure dropped and I felt a sense of calm. And the reason why is because any laundromat you walk into now is exactly the same as any laundromat I went into when I was 4 or 8 or 12!

 


While my life at times feels like a complicated sticky mess it is in the ordinary beauty of an old dingy laundromat that I find peace. Regardless of how the world changes or time passes those soap dispensers still stick. And for a brief moment I feel like I've drifted back to a slower calmer sillier time in my life.

 
Posted by Picasa


What can I say other than I think that is beautiful and I am so very grateful!

No comments: