Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gardening Guide

These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago when we planted a couple tomato and pepper plants. Hulk thinks planting is pretty fun. He particularly enjoys the dirt and hauling it from one pot to another. He also kisses and hugs our tomato plants. I'm not sure if all this kindness will encourage them to grow and be fruitful or if he will smother them to death with his love. I suppose time will tell.



I was just going to plant a couple tomato plants and a couple pepper plants. And then I hit the jackpot at a garage sale the other day. I found four big green pots like the ones I have for a quarter a piece. They also had several other planters. So I bought them all for two bucks and headed home to plant more veggies.

Posted by Picasa


Our container garden is now pretty darn big. And we have the following things growing now. 3 kinds of tomatos, 3 kinds of peppers, Zuchinni, Yellow Squash, Carrots, Broccoli,Cantalope and decorative gourds. I still have a couple spare pots that I'm going to put some Cauliflower in. We have turned into quite the gardeners. I'm hoping all of our plants grow and do well. Hulk and I tend to eat a lot of veggies so saving a little money by growing our own would make me very happy.

1 comment:

Melba said...

This is awesome, yay for your gardening efforts! I hope the reward is a delicious harvest.

We also planted a big veggie garden this year, some in containers and some in our new square foot beds. I'll be interested in hearing how your broccoli, cauliflower and cantaloupe turn out, I haven't tries any of those yet. The other things we planted that you didn't mention are cilantro, strawberries, raspberries, potatoes, cucumber, cabbage and swiss chard.

I can't wait...YUM!

Melba