Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Intruder

Last night I was sleeping soundly when the dog started to go nuts. Lena barks a lot but she has a certain bark that tells me that something very bad is happening. So I flew out of bed and headed down the hall. I noticed that The Hulk's door was open so my heart skipped a beat. I just knew that with the barking and the door open that someone had broken in and stolen my baby.

So I go running down the hallway towards the barking and flip on the kitchen light. And what do I find??? I find my child sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor eating raisins. RAISINS!!!! I about have a heart attack and he had gotten up for a midnight snack! He gave me this look like "What Mama?" Like I was the biggest freak in the world and it was totally natural for him to be doing such a thing.

So I've learned that he can open his bedroom door. I've also learned that child proofing the cabinets was absolutely pointless since he can open them and get whatever he wants even in the dark! I've also made a list of things I need from the hardware store. Like chain locks for the exterior doors so even if he escapes from his room he can't get outside at night. And I think I'm also going to renew my prescription for anti anxiety meds because this kid freaks me the heck out!

Clickin Mama

2 comments:

Melba said...

ahhhhhhhhh, so scary, but funny! This is definitely one of those stories you'll tell for years to come!

Melba

jodilee0123 said...

Clickin Mama! I can feel my heart pounding just imagining what that felt like! Those silly kids! haha!