Friday, June 19, 2009

Flash Back Friday

Flash back Friday is a glimpse into the past courtesy of my grandma's (Thelma's) old journals. Thanks to reader suggestions I will provide a character list so you don't feel so lost. Since some of the people died before I was old enough to really know them I hope my family will comment to straighten it out if I list someone incorrectly.

This week we journey back in time to June 13-18, 1979.

Charles- My Grandpa (married to Thelma)
Aunt Omy and Uncle Bill- (Grandma's sister and brother-in-law)
George and Louise (Grandma's sister and brother-in-law)
Shirley, Leroy, Robert (Some of Grandma's kids, my aunts and uncles)
Betty and Richard ( Grandma's daughter and son-in-law)
Donna and John (Grandma's daughter and son-in-law)
Jr. or Charlie, Adair, & Sara (Grandma's son,daughter-in-law, and granddaughter)

June 13th

Had my hair done this morning. Made pie and shortcake to take to K.C. tomorrow.

June 14th

Went to K.C this morning. Aunt Omy and Uncle Bill there at George and Louise's from Ohio. We stayed all night with Betty and Richard. We all had supper with Louise and George. Cloudy and cool most of the day.

June 15th

We took Aunt Omy and Uncle Bill to Topeka to see Shirley, Robert, and Leroy. Then we cameon to Hiawatha and saw Jr., Adair, and Sara We took Aunt Omy and Uncle Bill to Rulo for supper.

June 16th

Charles plowed garden and potatoes this morning. We went to Hiawatha after dinner to show them the house we are buying.

June 17th

We brought Aunt Omy and Uncle Bill back to K.C. We ate dinner at George and Louise's. Then we came on to Tulsa. Arrived here about 8:00 p.m.

June 18th

Charles and John worked in the shop this evening. Donna had her hair fixed in the afternoon. Baby should come soon.

Note: The baby came on the 21st. That baby is my cousin Mark.

Clickin Mama

2 comments:

2blessed2stress said...

How cool! The baby came on my birthday (ok I came on his!) LOL

Thanks for the "character list" It makes it easier for us who dont know them to put "family ties"!

I didnt know they were in Oklahoma! My parents are from Bartlesville an hour North of Tulsa!

Julie said...

1979 is the year I was born! What was she up to on January 15th?