Friday, May 15, 2009

Air Conditioner Overload

My mind is on an air conditioner overload! I have met with 6 different A/C guys in the past 36 hours. I've been getting estimates on a new A/C and furnace. Fun times! I know more about air conditioners than I ever wanted to know. Seriously, I know some random A/C facts. The last guy that came to do the estimate was slightly taken aback by me. By the time you do estimate number six you have no time for BS. So when he walked in I handed him a typed up sheet of exactly what I wanted. And this is what I want/need and what I gave him when he walked in.

Thanks for taking the time to give me an estimate. After researching the available products on the market I need an estimate for the following:

A 2 or 3 ton stage 2 air conditioner with a minimum SEER rating of 16. My current unit has a SEER rating of 8 and is not sufficient.

A furnace that has a minimum efficiency rating of 96%.

A high quality air filtration system and humidifier. I have no interest in the UV light systems due to the high yearly maintenance costs.

I will need duct work rerun and resized going to my back room and the garage.

I will also need a thermostat compatible with the Stage 2 system.

The liquid line will need to be rerun and I would prefer this be done on the outside of the house.

So do you think that is clear enough? I hope so! I'm so ready for this to be over with. Here is to hoping I can get a good bid back soon.

Clickin Mama

No comments: