Friday, May 8, 2009

Swine Flu

On April 14th, 2009 the first case of Swine Flu was detected. Since that time the media and the WHO (World Health Organization) have gone nuts! You can't turn on the TV or surf the net without seeing something about the Swine Flu. In fact it has been called a pandemic. But I really think we as a society need to reevaluate what that means.

The word pandemic according to Webster's Dictionary means: existing everywhere

Is this accurate? I don't think so. I think we need to place this type of flu in it's proper place and be realistic. I've done some research so let's look at some numbers.... ( My dad will love this! He loves numbers)


Since April 14th there have been
44 Swine Flu Deaths
125 Domestic Violence Related Homicides
120 Child Abuse Deaths
1.25 Million Deaths related to starvation

So I need someone to explain to me how Swine flu is existing everywhere yet 1.25 million people have died from starvation in the same period of time. And I need someone to explain to me why every news station is talking about the Swine Flu and not about the 145 people that have been MURDERED in the same time period in the US alone. Please someone explain to me how this is happening.

I don't give a damn about swine flu. I don't want to hear another word about swine flu. What I want to hear about is how the WHO plans to respond to the pandemic of starvation???? I want to hear the media talk about how we need to address the murder of children at the hands of their parents. Seriously, let's stop talking about the flu and start talking about a real pandemic!

Clickin Mama

No comments: