Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What Do You See?

What do you see when you look at this picture?

 
Posted by Picasa


You probably see a pile of old junk. An old rusty tub filled with metal and wires. A discarded heap of leftover useless parts. Yeah that is what I saw too. But then I saw something else.

I saw some metal wire that had been discarded but could still probably be salvaged for some meaningful project. I saw a tub that if emptied could be filled with a wild toddler boy for a crazy fun photo shoot. I saw an old side mirror that has glass still intact. So I saw a rusty tub full of promise.

It's funny how things change when we just change our perspective. How often do we all look in the mirror and see old saggy parts rather than the beauty of our healthy yet plump bodies. How often do we see wrinkles rather than the smiles that caused them. How many times have we seen a sun spot a sighed with dread instead of remembering the times we ran with our kids in the sun.

I'm trying really hard lately to change my perspective. Life isn't always the way it seems at first glance. So join me as I embark on this new challenge for myself. Take a good look in the mirror of your life and tell me what you see?!?

Clickin Mama

No comments: