Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Blessing

My little man is still not feeling great. He does well during the day but as darkness comes he get worse. So very typical though isn't it. Everything is worse at night. So sleep has not been coming easy for him or I either one. Tonight he went down pretty easily but was up within a hour and was just pretty upset. So I laid him in my bed so we could snuggle and read while he tried to relax. In no time at all he was back to sleep.

While I should have gotten up and folded the laundry, or edited pictures, or done a million other things I stayed laying beside him. Just watching him. And in that moment I was reminded of how much I'm going to miss this. Not the sick part but the snuggly little boy part. I'm going to miss this time where a hug and song from his mama fixes everything. I know that in no time at all he will be big and life's problems will be hard. And I won't be able to fix it all for him. So since I know I'm going to miss it I stayed beside him for awhile longer tonight and enjoyed the perfection of him.

He is my blessing. It's hard to believe that almost 2 years has passed since he came home to me. How different my world is. I could have had other babies but God sent me this blessing, this special boy. And as I watched him tonight I was once again overwhelmed at the perfection of us together. We were meant to be. Some people think of soul mates in a romantic way but I firmly believe that his soul and mine were meant to be joined in this world. I know that God designed us for one another. And that is such a blessing to me. To know that out of the whole world God pieced the two of us together after such a long broken difficult journey through adoption is breathtaking to me. We were meant to be in every way.

So I'm gonna take every snuggle I can get and try my hardest to never forget that this little boy and I are pretty darn blessed to have one another.

No comments: