Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sleep Challenge

I spend most days feeling exhausted. I yawn and struggle to stay awake at my computer. I live off of Diet Dr. Pepper and don't know what I would do without the caffeine. In fact the idea of not starting my day with soda terrifies me. I am known to snooze my alarm for over an hour or sleep thru it all together. Even though it is loud enough to be heard on the other side of the house. And since I oversleep my hair has been in nothing but a ponytail rather than blow dried and styled in over a month. Not pretty my friends, not pretty!

I'm sleep deprived!

But no more of that. Starting Sunday night I set myself a bed time. I must be in bed no later than 10:00 p.m. I am making sure that I get 8 hours of sleep. I'm going to make myself follow my personal sleep challenge for the next 30 days just to see what happens. I don't know if I'll feel better or not. I do know I won't get as much stuff done. And I am okay with that. Well I think I'm okay with that. Mainly I just want to see what happens if I make myself go to sleep on time.

Wanna join me? I'd love to have some others try this out with me and see how it works for them. I'm going to try to update you all on how it's going on Tuesday's and Saturday's.

No comments: