Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please Don't Leave Me



Okay I have always been a fan of Pink.... But this song and video really creeps me out. I'm not impressed with the message it sends at all. Not only does it make women look really pathetic but the violence sends me through the roof. If a man sang a song like this the public would be outraged but no one says anything about Pink singing it. What a horrible message to be putting out there.

Just in case you missed some of the words let me share a few of the creepiest lines with you....

I can be so mean when I wanna be
I am capable of really anything
I can cut you into pieces
But my heart is broken


Nice... I can cut you into pieces... That's a message I want a teenager hearing...

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest?
The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest


Let's make a game out of violent relationships. That is super!

I cannot be without, you're my perfect little punching bag

Okay if Chris Brown sang that line all hell would break lose! This song gets a ton of airtime! My 12 year old neighbor was blaring it on her radio just yesterday. She knows all the words! That is incredibly bothersome to me. Am I just over reacting or does this seem inappropriate to anyone else?

No comments: