Saturday, April 25, 2009

Seasons Change

It seems that with each change of the seasons I have a couple weeks of really missing my mom. I think it is because as the new season starts I think about all the things my mom enjoyed in that season and all the things she and we would be doing if she were here...

Like now for example. She would be so busy outside. Mowing season would be starting and she would be cussing about the broken down mowers but loving the time alone while she mowed. She would be planting lots of flowers, zinnia's in the front yard and lots of petunias, marigolds, and vincas all around the house. She would be excited about trips to the zoo, time at the park, and going on walks in the evening... She would be wearing an old pair of jeans and this little purple tee she liked to wear when she worked outside. And even after a long Saturday working in the yard she would still be one of the most beautiful women I know...

And sometimes when I'm really missing her I let myself imagine her with The Hulk. I picture her sitting in the yard with him blowing bubbles, or laughing at him as he eats leaves. I see her swinging in the hammock with him curled up sleeping on her chest. I imagine her rubbing his head and stroking his hair in the way only she could do. How I wish he knew that feeling! I see her tickling him and them both laughing so hard. When she laughs really hard she throws her head back and puts one hand on her chest. Oddly enough The Hulk does the same thing....

So as the seasons change my heart doesn't. It still is a little broken and empty.

I ache for her....

Clickin Mama

No comments: