Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finding Some Balance

This last week has been all about finding some balance. Friday marked one week of being on my new medication and meal plan and honestly I feel much better. I still have a long way to go but the fog has lifted some. I don't feel as tired or as sick. My blood sugar has gone down quite a bit. I'm still running high but much much closer to normal then I was. I'm averaging between 200-250 rather than 450 to a high of 557. So that is a big difference in a week!

I'm struggling some with the meal plan laid out by the nutritionist. It's not the food that is a problem. I don't mind it too much. There have only been a few things I really did not like. It's finding the time to plan and prepare the meals and track them all that I struggle with. It takes me awhile to do but I'm hoping the coming weeks will be easier. I'm just trying to find my groove I guess. It will come it just takes time. I have to fax a list of everything I eat and a calorie break down along with my blood sugar readings one time a week to the nutritionist and endocrinologist. I won't have to do this forever but while they try to regulate my meds it helps them. And honestly it helps keep me accountable.

The exercise piece has been much easier for me to do then I thought. Once the meds kicked in and helped get me out of the "I feel like I'm dying stage" I had no problem doing the working out. I don't love to exercise but I don't hate it. And there is a really nice park with a wonderful walking trail here in town that I have been going to on my lunch break. I like doing it then because it makes me feel better in the afternoon, it helps me relax, and then even if the evening gets crazy at home I have it done.

So I think I'm off to a good start. At least I feel like I'm on the road to recovery if that makes any sense. I do have more hope and I do feel better. I can't wait to see what week two brings. Heck I even lost 8 pounds this week! You can't beat that.

Clickin Mama

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go on sticking with the plan and getting healthier overall... thats a HUGE lifestyle change for most of us!

Keep it up girl!

Blessings-
Amanda

Julie said...

Yay! Great job Clickin Mama! Wow, 8 lbs! That's fantastic. You should be very proud of yourself.

I got back on the wagon last week too. I've been tracking all my food in Sparkpeople Mon - Fri, and it really helps if I do that first thing in the morning and then only eat the food that I tracked.

You already prepare all of The Hulk's food in advance, don't you? Why not take a few hours every Sunday to prepare all your food for the week too?