Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Questions and Answers

I've been telling you all forever that I was working on a Q and A post from your emails and comments. And I have been working on it however I didn't tell you I was working very slowly. It's been in draft for weeks but I think I have crammed enough questions into one post so here you go. Of course if you have other questions for me leave them in the comments or email me and I'll answer them slowly but I will.

Did you try adoptive nursing with The Hulk or only do bottle feeding?

The Hulk was completely bottle fed and that worked for us. I really wanted to try adoptive nursing and maybe in the future I will. But The Hulk' adoption came as such a surprise that I didn't' really have enough notice to start on the necessary medication. Maybe I'll have this opportunity with adoption number 2.

You don't talk about your parents much, are they involved in your life?

My mom died September 2, 2006. Prior to that she was very involved in my life. I have a whole section of my blog labeled mom that talks about her or my issues surrounding her death. You can also visit my old blog
Hunna's Happenings for more about my mama.

My dad and step mom don't live close by so we don't get to see them often. We do talk on the phone regularly and visit when we can. I wish they lived closer (hint hint) but right now that just isn't an option.

Who helps you with The Hulk since he doesn't have a dad?

I'm lucky to have the people in my life that I do. My best friend Darby and her wonderful husband Chris are my biggest supporters locally. They are the ones that help with The Hulk the most. They keep him when I have to travel and help me out a lot when I'm in a bind with daycare or just life. They are his God Parents and I wouldn't have it any other way! If I can't be with The Hulk I prefer that he is with them or my sister.

My sister Heather is also a big help with The Hulk. Though she lives out of town she comes home a couple times a month to visit and hang out. She is a great help and a huge support! The Hulk adores Aunt Heather and she is so much fun to have around.

What do you feed The Hulk for snacks?

I honestly treat The Hulk' snack time like I do mealtimes. I try to avoid giving him packaged "snack type foods". We do lots of fruit, veggies, and beans. He loves my snack mix that I make using dried fruit and fiber one cereal. When we are out and about and it's time for a snack I try to have dried fruit with us. He does love cheese crackers and goldfish so he gets those from time to time. He also loves graham crackers so sometimes I let him have those with a little bit of apple butter on them. Delicious!

Did you get your financial situation straightened out?

Ugh yes and no. I'm out of serious danger right now but I'm not comfortable at all with our financial situation. I don't like debt, I don't like not having enough in savings, I don't like not knowing where the money is coming from and when. So I'm not comfortable right now. But I have a plan. I have a huge garage sale coming up. I also have some big items to sell on Craigslist or Ebay and I have a couple big photo sessions coming up. I'm also trying to get some different plan arranged in regards to my student loans. Right now one whole paycheck a month is going towards student loans that that just isn't working... So hopefully that will help me to feel a little more comfortable. However, winning the lottery sounds great too!

So that's what I've got answered so far. I of course have more to answer but I will conquer those another day.

Clickin Mama

1 comment:

Julie said...

Holy crap -- one whole paycheck a month is going to student loans??? That is crazy!!! Definitely call them and arrange to be put on a different payment plan. I do this every time my payment goes up, and I've been able to keep my $50,000 or so student loan debt down to $270 a month. It will probably take me forever to pay it back that way, but someday I will be making more money and be able to increase the payments.