Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Free At Last

Laura Ling and Euna Lee are finally free and on a flight out of North Korea! What a happy day! I've been following their story since it first went public and I've been hoping and praying that our government could somehow arrange for their release. It's taken quite awhile but finally a pardon came through. Good work Bill!

Watching Lisa Ling speak about her sister these past fews months has broke my heart. I know how I love my Heather and I can't imagine not being able to help her when she needed me most. Lisa has spoken so diplomatically and handled this with such grace. I don't know if I could do that. I would want to just scream at the top of my lungs "Let my sister go". But she pushed forward and advocated for her sister and Euna in a way that I believe ultimately helped facilitate their release. Impressive and inspiring in my book!

So welcome home girls! I can't wait to hear your story!!!

Clickin Mama

No comments: