Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ann Coulter

I swore I wasn't going to do this post. I started thinking about it weeks ago when Ann Coulter's new book came out and I swore I wouldn't do it. I didn't want her to get any more attention for her horrible views. But I just can't keep quiet now. She has pushed me over the edge. So I must do it. I must comment in defense of all of us single mothers out there. Because Ann you are so very mistaken.

If you don't know yet Ann Coulter is a very conservative often incredibly abrasive author. Her newest book is titled Guilty! Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America. In this book Ann makes some pretty outrageous claims. Some of her quotes are as follows.
  • "Single motherhood is a recipe to create criminals, strippers, rapists, and murderers."
  • "Single motherhood is like a farm team for future criminals and social outcasts."
  • "Look at any societal problem, and it is a problem of single motherhood."
  • "Single mothers pose an endless attack on the nuclear family."

Wow I had no idea that we single mothers were destroying society in such a way. I'm so busy making baby food, reading to my baby, going on walks, visiting art museums with him, teaching him sign language, and praying with him that I didn't have time to schedule his rapist class or murder 101.

Between the doctor's appointments, play dates, picture taking, owie kissing, bath giving, attachment parenting hoopla I missed out on my day to attack the nuclear family. I guess I didn't double check the schedule that all the other single mom's sent out. You know we are like a crazy little cult. We have secret single mother's destroy the world meetings. Don't you wish you could come. Unfortunately we haven't had one lately. We are so busy raising children that sometimes that interferes with our destructive side. It's hard to ride across America destroying values and spreading strippers about, even with your baby in a sling.

Oh Ann you are so mistaken in your claims that we are liberal victims and that our children are victims. We aren't victims we are the lucky ones. We are the incredibly blessed mothers of children that we love tremendously. We are some of the hardest working, god fearing woman you would ever meet. We are selfless and giving. We are strong and bold. We are the woman that can haul babies and bags, fix plumbing and put together toys. We are the woman that revel in our children and thank God we can be called mothers. See Ann being a mother is a blessing whether you are single or married and we never forget that.

And our children. Oh don't get me started on our children. We have some of the most amazing children there are. They are kind and creative. Loving and funny. They are open to the idea that all families are different and they are okay with that. They know that they are loved and understand that we will do anything for them. They play sports, go to church, excel in school, and one of them even grew up to be our president elect. Yes Obama's mama didn't do so bad as a single mom now did she. We aren't victims Ann, maybe you are though....

If only you were a little kinder we would have let you into our club.

Clickin Mama


No comments: