Sunday, January 4, 2009

Freaking Me Out

Oh goodness little babies freak me out. We had a really fun day today and Kerrington and The Hulk were both great little travelers. We went to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family and had a good time. Most of the day Kerrington had a stuffy nose but seemed okay to me.

Then when we got home and I went to give her a bath I noticed that her breathing was really labored and when she sucked in air her whole chest would suck in and almost collapse. Freaked me out. So I called Darby who is working at the ER and she said to bring her in.

We were at the ER about 2 minutes when the doctor said that he wanted her transferred to the Children's Hospital in KC. Yes the exact same children's hospital that her older sister Mattie is at. They started her on oxygen and gave her a breathing treatment and we hung out waiting for the transport team to show up.

After several hours the transport team showed up and loaded her up and she is now on her way to the other hospital. I hate it that she is making the trip alone. But there is no way I could go with her. I couldn't take The Hulk on the ambulance and there is no one here to keep him. I know she will be fine with the ambulance ladies. They were all very nice. But it just worries me. I hate for her to be with strangers. Poor little baby.

They have a room ready for Kerrington at the hospital. It is two rooms down from Mattie so at least they will be together. I just can't believe they are both this sick at the same time. So so sad and so very scary. Seriously those little girls freak me out! I feel so bad for Shawn and Amanda. How stressful. I know how scared I feel and they are just my nieces. I can't imagine how they must feel.... Scary stuff. So please if you have a moment say a little prayer for our girls.

Clickin Mama

No comments: