Friday, January 30, 2009

What Have You Been Doing?

Okay I have to admit that I haven't been doing what you all think I've been doing. I'm sure you think that I've used all this time off to organize my cabinets, bake bread from scratch and help the needy. Okay I'll be honest I've done a little of that. I have gotten all of The Hulk clothes sorted and shipped out to needy families. I have baked banana bread and pumpkin spice bread. And when all of the plastic cups fell out of the cabinet on my head yesterday I did take the time to sort them and place them back nicely in the cabinet.

But what I have been doing a lot of is puzzles! I love puzzles. Okay honestly it's a love hate relationship that I have with puzzles. I love it when I finish a puzzle. But in the process I get very frustrated. And at least twice in the midst of the puzzle putting together I swear I'm never doing it again. But once it's done I'm thrilled. I love the process of puzzles. I love that you start out with a bunch of random pieces and end up with a finished product. I'm a dork like that.

Puzzles also remind me of my mom. We used to do lots of puzzles together when I was a kid. She was good at puzzles. And when she was sick we all did a lot of puzzles. The crazy aunts and I would spend hours doing puzzles while mom slept. We even had a special "puzzle board" made so we could move the puzzles around and still use the dining room table. So I'm from a family of puzzle dorks. It must be a genetic quality.

So I finished this puzzle up last night. I swore I wouldn't ever do one again. But it came in a pack of five and I can't leave those other four alone and broken. So I put this one away today and started another. Crazy, crazy!!!

No comments: